Principal Cybersecurity Analyst
BAE Systems is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst to provide Information Assurance in support of the Air Force's next-generation Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system. This will be a long term project with the weapon system anticipated to remain operational until 2075 - you can contribute to a critical initiative that will provide protection through deterrence for generations yet to come!
This position provides Information Assurance (IA) for current and future weapon systems. Responsibilities include capturing and refining information protection requirements, integrating those requirements into system designs, and ensuring program compliance with government cybersecurity requirements and the RMF (Risk Management Framework) processes. The candidate must have strong analytical skills, a broad base in Information Technologies, and the ability to learn in a fast-paced environment with the energy and motivation to make a difference. Experience with the DoD's Cybersecurity processes (DIACAP and/or the RMF/Risk Management Framework) is a plus.
This position will work with integrated product teams to assess the impacts of vulnerabilities, develop and implement mitigation plans, and document all findings. The position also performs testing to validate established security requirements, recommends additional security requirements and safeguards, supports the formal testing required by government accrediting authorities, prepares System Security Plans, updates Plan of Actions and Milestones, reviews system audits, and monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed.
Must possess high energy and a strong motivation to make a difference. The work is fast paced with changing priorities; the ability to switch tasks with minimal disruption is a must.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field with 8+ years experience
- Knowledgeable of security controls/best practices
- Experience integrating security functional requirements into existing acquisition lifecycle phases, milestones, and deliverables using systems engineering principles and methodologies
- Knowledgeable of best practices implementing security controls including software engineering methodologies, hardware engineering, security engineering principles, and secure coding techniques
- Knowledge of RMF, DIACAP, NISPOM and and/or DoD and AF certification and accreditation requirements and processes
- Knowledge of Networks, computer components, system protocols, and COTS technology
- Self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate activities with assessment and authorization stakeholders, government officials, and contractors
- Experience interfacing with senior managers and/or government customers
- Adjudicated security clearance and eligible for upgrade
- Experience working with classified systems
- Software integration of COTS and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) products
- Prior experience working with DoE and NSA requirements
- Security+, CISSP, or CISSP Associate (or can obtain certification within 6 months)
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top