Principal Contract Administrator
Join a dynamic team that provides mission critical capabilities across a diverse portfolio of customers. This is an opportunity to act as a trusted business partner for one of the leading companies providing innovative solutions in defense electronics. This position offers a motivated professional a unique chance to work across a broad range of contracting activities that supports the Tactical Systems C4ISR Business Area within BAE Systems' Electronic Systems Sector.
Develop your career and grow your skills in a high intensity, team-based environment with a winning culture that provides an opportunity to collaborate daily with a variety of departments and functional organizations. As the Principal Contract Administrator, you will work with customers to shape and close business opportunities in concert with internal objectives. Work products and interactions will be at multiple levels, from your program office team, to executive leadership. In addition to challenging day-to-day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. BAE Systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
The selected candidate will lead proposal, negotiation and management of complex proposal and contract activities in concert with company policies and customer requirements with limited guidance. Interpret and communicate business commitments and alternatives to the program team and management. Position requires extensive knowledge of government and commercial contracting, laws and regulations. May supervise or guide work of lower-level employees. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with internal and external Domestic and International customers.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and working understanding of USG acquisition and procurement environment, relevant company policies, commercial contracting, FAR/DFAR, ITAR/export and regs.
- Independently lead proposals including analysis of RFPs, prepare summaries and develop strategies and recommendations with attention to financial and business risk, prepare terms and conditions, review technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency, conduct overall business risk analysis and prepare proposal documents for submittal. Coordinate to ensure appropriate reviews are scheduled and conducted.
- Research and make recommendations on proposal, contract language, terms and conditions with minimal direction. Lead negotiations and collaborate with customers to definitize and complete contract.
- Advise management of rights and obligations, risk mitigation and strategy.
- Perform contract order processing including, order entry, funding, scope changes, amendments, delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
- Lead fact-finding and audit.
- Verify completion of all commitments for closeout.
- Maintain logs and assist in data collection for reporting.
- Compile contractual records per company procedures.
- Serve as primary point of contact with customer for all contractual matters incl. agreements such as PIAs, NDAs, etc.
- Draft and negotiate misc. agreements and coordinate legal reviews.
- Support program personnel and provide advice and counsel.
- Develop specialized contracting knowledge in international business, offset and teaming.
- Contribute to new business, processes and contracting concepts to achieve business unit and other goals.
- Assure proper interpretation of contracts, perform cost or price analysis and resolution of complex business issues.
Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Contract Administration experience working for a commercial company selling to the U.S Government and International Customers
- Able to conduct negotiations and effectively interact and influence others to achieve business objectives
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Results orientated and focused on closure
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Highly organized
- Solid work ethic
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Admin
- MBA, MSA, and/or JD
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top