Principal Civil / Structural Engineer
BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, helps protect those who protect us. At our R&D and manufacturing facility at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant (HSAAP) in Kingsport, TN, we do this by developing safer explosives for our government and commercial customers. HSAAP has provided high quality explosives for our soldiers since WWII and will continue to push the frontier of energetic material synthesis and manufacturing with your help.
BAE Systems is hiring a Principal Civil / Structural Engineer at HSAAP. The individual selected will be responsible for civil and structural engineering and technical tasks to support design and construction of various modernization programs. This work includes planning, design, analysis, and engineering inputs into the design, construction, and maintenance of chemical plant facilities and infrastructure.
The Civil / Structural Engineer performs one or more of the following functions:
- Perform project engineering working in a multi-discipline engineering team to plan, design, construct, and maintain chemical plant facilities including supporting utilities and infrastructure
- Select construction materials and methods, create engineering estimates, write specifications and scopes of work, create and supervise the preparation of civil, structural, and architectural drawings, control cost, and manage work to meet project schedules
- Perform structural design and analysis for bridges, tunnels, structural steel buildings, reinforced concrete buildings and structures, pipe supports, and foundation systems
- Perform civil engineering design and analysis for piping networks (water distribution systems and sprinkler systems), sewer system layouts and hydraulics, pumping systems, water and waste water treatment systems, road and railroad layouts, including grade, alignment, and drainage, containment, diversion, and treatment systems for pollution abatement
- Conduct inspections of existing facilities such as buildings, tank farms, tunnels, roads, railroads, bridges, pipe bridges, and pipelines to determine the integrity and safety of the structure. Make recommendations concerning any needed modifications
- Determine root cause of structural or system failures and recommend corrective action
- Oversee mapping and surveying functions which involve layout of new facilities and maintenance of records of site plans, plant layouts, and aboveground and underground utilities
- Provide technical oversight during construction including shop drawing review and approval, ensure construction is in accordance with plans, specifications, and good construction practices
- Consider safety in all aspects of design and construction
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top