Principal Antenna Design Engineer
- Merrimack, NH
BAE Systems is seeking a Principal LO Antenna Design Engineer to work in our Merrimack, NH location.
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The primary activity of this role will be to lead Antenna technical teams in the design, test, and manufacture of LO Antenna Systems. The applicant must be able to work independently with minimal technical direction.
Other responsibilities include:
- Work with systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level RF and RCS requirements, developing operational systems concepts, and assisting with system architecture trade studies.
- Verify and validate aspects of system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Define the technical approach and details of antenna designs he/she is responsible for.
- Supervise both peers and more junior engineers, and will seek out domain expertise as needed and work hands-on with antenna assembly personnel, engineering test, debug, integration and support of product manufacture and qualification.
- Responsible for all aspects of testing within his/her area of expertise and may be responsible for support to production.
- Present to customers and provide major inputs to proposals.
- Experience with requirements flow down as well as traceability within the larger system is a plus.
Required Skills and Education
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
- Bachelors degree in related engineering field and 6 years hands on experience.
- Solid understanding of the fundamental trades within the entire antenna sub system, including aperture domain and RF electronics, required.
- Radar Cross Section (RCS) Experience is a must
- Experience with link budget analysis and propagation modeling are required to properly size the components within the antenna sub system relative to platform and channel constraints.
- Experience with LO Antenna Performance and Platforms.
- An understanding of transceiver cascade analysis and signal processing is desired to support the interface between the antenna sub system and the transceiver.
- MS Office proficient, MATLAB Proficient, HFSS desired, FEKO desired
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top