Prin Network Engineer
The Mobile Communication Engineer designs, administers and training support services to enhance operational functionality and efficiency of mobile phones and supporting technologies such as Good Dynamics while maintaining security posture. With minimal supervision, work as a member of the network infrastructure engineering team providing technical expertise to perform ongoing design, development, and implementation of a comprehensive ADEX (Active Directory/Exchange) and Mobility environment. Some of roles and responsibilities, but not limited to, are as follows:
- Provide operational support to Good Technology for mobile devices (phones and smart devices)
- Provide Engineering and operation support deploying mobile devices
- Implement and support the migration of all mobile users to newer Good technology environment
- Provide tier 3 support and Operational turnover documentation and training for Good technology to ADEX Ops
- Design and implement the deployment of Good Dynamics in support of 20000 users
- Support and collaborate with custom app groups in support of mobile apps, EDDIE, Palantir Mobile and Popfly
- Engineer, evaluate and implement “Proof of Concept” tests of mobile MDM and application management capabilities within the Good infrastructure
- Collaborate with multiple internal and external teams to implement various solutions for mobile devices
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree, in an engineering, computer or related field; equivalent related technical experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 11+ years of experience in a wide variety of Mobility, Server, SAN and Networking technologies, protocols, equipment, concepts, architectures and trade studies.
- Experience in a technical role supporting projects and programs for Government or Industry customers. Individuals in this position should also have experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass requirements development, process creation and systems integration.
- Experience with mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows mobile, and/or Blackberry from an integration, use and deployment perspective (Apple and Android devices of primary interest)
- Understanding of the unique security issues related to mobile device use and connectivity; especially in federal government environments.
- Strong experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions and implementation.
- Solid experience with Good Technology products and technologies; experience with Good Dynamics is a strong plus.
- Knowledge with demonstrated experience in a range of information systems technology areas to include Enterprise level AD, Exchange and Windows.
- Knowledge of Enterprise class hardware (servers, desktops, laptops, blackberry, routers, switches, firewalls and SAN/NAS).
- Project Management in a functional and matrix organizational environment.
- Must have experience with a number of the following products/ tools:
o Microsoft Active Directory.
o Microsoft Exchange 2010.
o Microsoft Windows 7/10 and Windows Server.
o Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2012.
o o GOOD Mobile Messaging.
o NetApp NAS and SANs.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with management and peers.
- Excellent customer interface, coordination, and organizational skills.
- Utilize interpersonal skills for dealing with multiple contractor and government organizations.
Preferred Skills and Education · CCNA/CCNP
- CompTIA Mobility+CE
- Comp TIA Security+
- ITIL Foundation
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company … BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top