Prin Analyst, Information Security
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.Duties and Responsibilities:1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents. 2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation. 3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information. 4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk. 5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems. 6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls. 7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices. 8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance. 9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results. 10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities. 11. May serve as a technical team or task leader. 12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 13. Participates in special projects as required.Education and Experience:1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience. 2. 8-10 years of related experience in data security administration. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
1. Advanced knowledge of data security
administration principles, methods, and techniques.
2. Certification in one or more specific
technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
3. Requires familiarity with domain
structures, user authentication, and digital signatures.
4. Requires understanding of firewall
theory and configuration.
5. Requires understanding of DHS/DoD
policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, DHS 4300A
SSH and other applicable policies.
Required: Active CISSP or CASP certification
Knowledge and experience with XACTA
Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in
network administration and support. 2. Comprehensive knowledge of
related hardware and software. 3. May require professional
certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job
assignment. Preferred Skills and Education
UNIX shell command competency
– beyond basic user level
- Interpret scripts as to their general function
- Manipulate and edit fiels using copy, scp, diff
- Control and determine the state of services
- Manage process control
- Perform filesystem management (mount, umount,
fsck, swap, mkfs…)
- Review and extract relevant information from logs
Work independently without
assistance and supervision
Perform necessary research to
resolve issues to a conclusion
Communicate effectively both
verbally and in writing to document actions
Be available for afterhours
work; put in effort necessary to see things through
Be a member of an on-call
Manage time; complete actions
in a timely manner and document your effort
Familiarity and knowledge of
- Ethernet networking and TCP/IP
- Cron About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top