Precision Engagement Program Manager
The BAE Systems Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Solutions Business Unit (ISRS) is seeking a self-motivated and experienced mid-level program manager for its Mission Management and Precision Engagement (M2Pe) business area. Reporting directly to the M2Pe Program Director (PD), this position assists the PD to ensure: the success of the existing programs, growth of the business area, and the wellbeing and effective collaboration of the directorate staff. The position is located in San Diego, but requires travel to customer locations.
Responsibilities include program management of a dynamic and fast-paced program that is responsible for two distinctly separate software applications. The Program Manager is accountable for all aspects of program execution (cost, schedule, technical performance, and customer engagement) with particular emphasis on delivering customer satisfaction, financial performance, and organic (follow-on and re-compete) business growth while meeting contractual requirements. The Program Manager has the authority to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project and acts as primary point of contact between BAE Systems and the customer program offices and key customer stakeholders.
The Program Manager is responsible and accountable to the Line Management for program execution, profitability, timeliness, and overall success. Leads or participates in the creation of new business strategies and in the development of strategic and financial plans. Actively manage the business forecast, identifying risk and opportunities.
Drive existing program growth through ECP identification and communication with the customers.
Identify and secure NBF funds, prepare required artifacts and briefing material e.g. phase reviews, etc.
Participate in the proposal development process; authoring and reviewing as necessary. Mentor and develop leaders assigned to the Business Area.
Support the M2Pe Program Director in new business activities by developing and maintaining customer relationships - know the "pulse" of the customer organizations. Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements. Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers in selected DoD Market Space. Work closely with other M2Pe Program Managers and collaborate with leadership outside of M2Pe.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors' degree in a related technical field or Business/Management
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant Technical, Program Management, and BD experience with ISR, Targeting and/or Military Intelligence systems
- Operational experience or knowledge of military intelligence and targeting programs
- Experience managing software development programs
- Experience managing Department of Defense development programs
- Experience initiating, organizing, planning, directing, and coordinating activities for a development program.
- Proficient in the application of Earned Value Management System, Master Planning Techniques (IMP/IMS) and Subcontract Management.
- Determine work schedules, prioritizes tasks, and implements procedures for performing work activities
- Direct and monitor work results for meeting customer requirements, specifications and quality assurance standards
- Regularly evaluate performance of program tasks in terms of quality, cost control, and achievement of technical, schedule, performance and contractual objectives using standard metrics
- Keeps Line Management informed regarding project status and any technical, cost, schedule, or administrative problems within assigned program
- Establish, maintain and promote good customer relationships
- Ensure the coordination of work tasks with customer representatives
- Ensure customers are informed on status and progress of program
- Identify and develop opportunities to increase the value of the project(s) under his/her purview, and to capture new projects
- Develops capture plans and directs the development and preparation of proposals in response to various requests
- Experience or familiarization with the Joint Targeting Toolbox (JTT) program and the DoD targeting community
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top