Portfolio Engineering Lead (PEL)
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first -exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. We are seeking two Portfolio Engineering Leads (PEL) that will work with the Product Line Engineering Lead, the Product Area Directors, Technical Directors and a team of Program Engineering Managers on executing programs and developing a comprehensive strategy across a wide family of interrelated programs. The PEL will support either the Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) or similar portfolios within the Tactical Systems Business Area. The position is located in the Greenlawn New York area, and will require periodic travel to other BAE facilities and customer sites.
- Overall technical leadership of a Tactical Systems portfolio or family of programs.
- Monitors projects within the portfolio to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained across engineering.
- Serves with the Product Line Engineering Lead as the Engineering focal point for all activity within portfolio of programs including strategic planning, bidding new engineering content, creating the overall engineering development plan for successful completion, issue reporting and resolution development, and risk and opportunity management.
- Leads diverse teams including other program engineering managers in planning and executing programs per company and DoD process.
- Develops portfolio level strategy while interfacing with functional engineering directors and program directors to ensure programs are adequately staffed and executed, including prime product development, test equipment, and interface with operations.
- Collaborates with Customer, Program Office, Technical Directors and other Project Leads.
10+ years with Bachelors Degree, 8+ years with Masters Degree, 6+ years with PhD
Required Skills and Education
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
- BS degree and 10+ years experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in Engineering Management, or Project Leadership
- Previous experience leading engineering team of ten or more.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve cost, schedule, and customer objectives
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and coordinate a cross functional team
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- 5+ years of engineering management in IFF, EO/IR or Mission workstation project leadership experience
- Experience with IR&D development and/or production programs
- Previous experience leading engineering team of fifteen or more.
- Previous experience leading a multi-discipline team
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top