Performs a variety of complex plumbing and pipefitting duties including but not limited to installations, troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance.
- Installs and maintains various piping systems including but not limited to fire protection, process chemical, waste treatment, process heating systems, steam heating systems, vacuum, potable water, process, hydronics, cooling, deionized water, compressed air, process gases, domestic waste and cryogenics.
- Works with a variety of materials consisting of but not limited to PVC, CPVC, PVDF, polypropylene, Teflon, steel (standard, stainless, galvanized, welded, victaulic) copper (brazed, soldered, victaulic) fiberglass, etc.
- . May perform some of the duties of a Power Plant Mechanic.
- Interprets blueprints, schematics and descriptive literature.
- Works from prints to lay out new jobs or perform renovations. May have to alter existing equipment to assure project is correct and complete for proper operation. Responsible for ensuring all work performed and completed as specified by contract, engineering drawings, specifications and applicable codes.
- May be required to participate on special teams, including but not limited to snow removal, emergency response and must be responsive to off-hour emergencies.
- May be required to clean and service equipment that may contain hazardous substances and to participate in the sorting and accumulation of hazardous waste materials in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
NOTE: Hand tools of the trade are the responsibility of the tradesperson.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top