The primary responsibility for this position is to work as part of the software development team to configure, deploy, and sustain a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) engineering solution which includes 3D modeling, requirement traceability, and configuration management. The position will require a system level perspective to ensure compatibility across the enterprise consisting of a myriad of products, and to implement methodologies for structuring the data.
The position will be required to provide technical assistance with configuration, test, deployment, and implementation of PLM technology to support Strategic Weapon System (SWS) Coordination process and expansion into related areas of business in support of an integrated IT solution.
- Developing data models to implement an architecture that is consistent across the platform
- Developing and updating system requirements specifications and other software documentation
- Updating COTS PLM software configuration to match business needs
- Performing regression testing to confirm updated system capabilities
- Migrating multiple design documents, processes, and systems into a single PLM architecture
- Verifying and Validating updated software configuration
- Creating training material for internal and external customers
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise systems and database (Oracle) development and deployment
- 3+ years experience d eveloping enterprise PLM data environments using system operational methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Java programming experience and software support
- SWS experience and familiarity with SPALT SDS environment
- Active Security Clearance
- Experience with SysML development and implementation
- Experience with PTC Windchill
- Experience with IBM Rational DOORS
- Familiarity with US Navy SWS
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top