BAE Systems Hawaii Shipyard is hiring a senior level Schedule Analyst in our Scheduling Department to develop, maintain and analyze schedules. The Scheduler will take the lead to plan, track, analyze and report on the project schedules of varying size and complexity. The Scheduler will provide key support to project and program management efforts monitoring work flow, coordinating and tracking schedule and identifying key project delivery risks and issues.
Candidate will develop schedules using Deltek Open Plan to meet requirements to support DoD Contracts. The candidate will report directly to the Scheduling Manager. The candidate will interact daily with program management team members (Finance, Ship Superintendents, Project Managers, Program Managers, Craft Managers, Safety, and Quality Dept.), Subcontractor management team members and Government customer employees.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain cost and resource loaded schedules data across multiple projects; larger projects can be over 4000 activities per project.
- Create high volume production based project schedules to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet completion dates according to production forecasts or customer work specifications and drawing orders.
- Maintain and perform validation of project schedule configurations to meet industry standards for quality health check requirements for status and reporting.
- Assist in collecting schedule Min/Max durations on assigned schedules to prepare for Monte Carlo simulations prior to setting baseline.
- Perform resource workforce analysis with project teams to analyze alignment of planned work and ability to meet deliverable.
- Organize and meet with production and subcontractors to gather status and review impact to key milestones and events.
- Provide project schedule analysis to Project Team, listing critical path activities to key milestones and events, displaying activities that are behind schedule to baseline, explain schedule work planned to actual work performed and impact schedule performance.
- Ensure compliance with company scheduling procedures to set and maintain baseline schedules.
- Initiate schedule risk mitigation meetings with all key Project Stakeholders to recover schedule.
- Maintain continuous communication with Customer, Project Managers and Project Teams on the progress of the project and schedule.
- Prepare schedule narratives describing the status of assigned projects with weekly deliverables to the customer.
- Collaborate with Finance Analyst to submit schedules into Financial System.
- Create “what if” scheduling scenarios based on potential new and growth work.
- Assist in the continued indoctrination of planning and production personnel in the scheduling development, maintenance and reporting process.
- Ensure that requirements of the safety handbook are properly followed and enforced.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top