- Jacksonville, FL
Schedule Analyst position to develop, maintain and analyze schedules. The Scheduler will take the lead to plan, track, analyze and report on project schedules of varying size and complexity. The Scheduler will provide key support to project and program management efforts, monitoring work flow, coordinating and tracking schedule and identifying key project delivery risks and issues.
Candidate will develop schedules using Deltek Open Plan to meet requirements in support of DoD and/or Commercial Contracts. The candidate will interact daily with program management team members (Finance, Ship Superintendents, Project Managers, Program Managers, Craft Managers, Safety, and Quality Dept.), Subcontractor management team members and Government customer employees.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Maintain schedule data across small and large scale repair availabilities both US Government and Commercial.
• Create project schedules to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet completion dates according to production forecasts or customer work specifications and drawing orders.
• Maintain and perform validation of project schedule configurations to meet industry standards for quality health check requirements for status and reporting.
• Organize and meet with production and subcontractors to gather status and review impact to key milestones and events.
• Provide project schedule analysis to Project Team, listing critical path activities to key milestones and events, displaying activities that are behind schedule to baseline.
• Ensure compliance with company scheduling procedures to set and maintain baseline schedules. .
• Maintain continuous communication with Customer, Project Managers and Project Teams on the progress of the project and schedule
• Prepare schedule narratives describing the status of assigned projects with weekly deliverables.
• Create "what if" scheduling scenarios based on potential new and growth work.
• Ensure that requirements of the safety handbook are properly followed and enforced.
Required Skills and Education
•Must be able to obtain and maintain DBIDS
•Must have strong written and oral communication skills
•Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook & PowerPoint)
•Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills, or prior scheduling software experience
•Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume production environment
•Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment
Typical Education and Experience:
4+ Years with HS
2+ Years with AA
0+ Year with BS
Preferred Skills and Education
•Experience with Databases
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top