Pilot Line Test Engineering Lead - RF/Microwave
BAE Systems is looking for and Test Engineer with RF/Microwave experience to support the Microwave Pilot Line and new product introduction test solution development. This position will have the responsibility for providing test engineering support for all new test solutions moving through a new state-of-the-art microelectronics Pilot Line Factory responsible producing microwave and millimeter wave products for the military and aerospace industry. The pilot line test engineering lead is a unique and exciting opportunity to influence the future success of production runs, and to have a positive impact by influencing the program and product, before entering rate production. We're looking for people with expert microwave/microelectronics skills and interested in a cornerstone opportunity in a new microelectronics area at the Spit Brook Road campus.
The Microwave Pilot Line factory is responsible for the first unit builds of new hardware designs and the delivery of a complete production ready solution. The factory is equipped with State-of-the-Art Microelectronics assembly and test equipment to incubate new product introduction of microwave modules designed for new Electronic Warfare Platforms.
The principal focus of this position will be on test capability plan development, test solution development, test method evaluation, and test solution certification. The Pilot Line test lead will be responsible for working Integrated Test Engineer (ITE), Program Engineering, and Operations to ensure that we have a production ready solution for test of new products.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Pilot Line Test Engineer works as or supports the Test Development Lead to prepare the test capability development plan with NRE
- Conducts planning and support of new test method development and fixture evaluations
- Oversees test concept evaluation in Pilot Lines.
- Provides test capability assessment
- Organizes reviews and finalizes test solution asset certification (Qual) plan with Test Development Lead
- Oversees test solution asset certification (Qual) in Pilot Line factories. Provides test capability assessment and approval for transition to production.
- Supports of test and troubleshoot of new test solutions, working directly with ITE and program engineering
- Interfaces with Engineering, Operations, Quality and other supporting functions to drive the delivery of an effective test solution
- Provides technical leadership and mentoring
- Provides technical assistance in the transitioning of test solutions for engineering to the manufacturing phase
- Plans and monitors of special evaluation projects
- Generates and reviews the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance.
- Competency with design and performance testing of RF/Microwave assemblies
- Skilled in test solution software and hardware integration
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Skilled in test program software development (drivers, utilities, executives, and Test Program Sets (TPS))
- Working knowledge of test solution hardware development (test adapters, cables, and interface modules)
- Problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
- Able to provide technical direction to a team of test development engineers
- Technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Current Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated time management, task tracking, organizational skills, and ability to read, understand, and follow requirements.
- Demonstrated problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Experience developing test products using C-based software and various script-based languages, preferably National Instruments (NI) LabWindows / CVI and TestStand
- Experience with various test equipment including: Power Supplies, Digital I/O, Oscilloscopes, Switch Matrices, DMMs, Counter/Timers, Thermal Controllers, from various manufacturers including Keysight, National Instruments, Ametek, Teradyne, Tektronix, Thermotron, Tenney,
- VTI Familiarity with Electrostatic Sensitive Device (ESD) class zero, and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) prevention techniques.
- Lean Six Sigma experience
- Advanced computer skills including MS-Office applications
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top