Pilot Line Technical Intern 3
Duties and Responsibilities:
The NPI Pilot Line Tech Intern 3 will provide manufacturing setup and development support, working with senior process engineers, value stream specialists, and touch labor, for the Electronic Warfare Integrated Manufacturing Center (EW IMC) factory through hands-on problem solving, data analyses and application of engineering, Six Sigma and lean manufacturing principles to improve product flow and product yields. This position is to support first shift factory operations.
The New Product Introduction (NPI) Pilot Line product stream is responsible for the first unit build of new hardware designs and transition to production. This includes the development and maturation of the associated build processes and tooling in preparation for rate production. Working closely with Program Engineering and being able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment makes the NPI Pilot Line a unique and exciting opportunity to influence the future success of production runs, and to have a positive impact by influencing the program and product before entering low-rate production.
This intern position will provide manufacturing support to senior engineers and value stream specialists requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering and manufacturing principles, theories, and concepts to complete assignments.
Responsibilities may include:
Required Skills and Education
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills interfacing with company personnel at all levels, customers and suppliers.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Pursuing a B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or other manufacturing-relevant Engineering field. Completion of three years of schooling by Summer 2018 (Class of 2019).
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Solid intern experience in a manufacturing work environment.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top