Performance Management Engineer -- Riverbed
Your new career is waiting here!
BAE Systems, a global defense, aerospace and security company employing more than 88,200 people worldwide, with wide-ranging products and services covering air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. BAE Systems, Inc. is a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, well positioned to support customers in what is the world's largest defense market is HIRING NOW !
We are seeking a Performance Management Engineer to provide assistance for the development, integration, deployment, and testing of performance management subsystems of the DISA Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS). In this role, you will integrate, test and deliver new and updated functionality. You will develop solutions, troubleshoot problems, deploy and integrate products, develop documentation in lab and production environments.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a High School Diploma and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience with the Riverbed Performance Management suite.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification.
- Must possess an active DOD Secret Security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8+ years of experience; or 6+ years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
- Experience in one or more NetOps tools such as InfoVista and Riverbed.
- Solid foundation in networking concepts, i.e., routing, switching, IP addressing, and Internet routing protocols.
- Experience with collection protocols such as SNMP, WMI, VMWare API, and SMI.
- Experience with developing scripts (for example, Perl, Shell, and PLSQL languages.
- Familiarity with Network Defense Operations.
- Ability to work independently in a fast pace environment.
- Network and System (Linux, Windows) administration experience.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking and SNMP based network management.
- Understanding of Network Performance Management and creating Service Level Agreements (SLA's) to support customers and metrics.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top