Analyzes, diagnoses and resolves issues with security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems. Researches attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security and designs countermeasures. Maintains hardware, software and network firewalls and encryption protocols. Administers security policies to control physical and virtual access to systems.
Required Skills and Education
- Application reverse engineering
- Layer 2/3 networking protocols
- Data encoding and cryptography
- Covert communications
- Privilege separation and escalation
- Authentication mechanisms and protocols is essential
- Proficiency can be demonstrated through a recognized penetration testing certification that includes a practical assignment such as the Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP).
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field with direct course or project work focused on identifying and exploiting vulnerabilities
- 9 years of Experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top