Outside Machinist Craft Supervisor I
- Jacksonville, FL
BAE Systems Jacksonville Ship Repair is hiring a Craft Supervisor I in the Outside Machine Shop. The applicant will be responsible for overseeing mechanical work items performed by regular and temporary employees, assigning work on multiple work items during a workday and monitoring progress onboard United States Navy and/or commercial vessels.
Job Description :
The selected candidate requirements include but are not limited to providing technical assistance and oversee the workforce of the Outside Machine Shop. Ensure that appropriate actions are taken to support the timely and cost effective completion of assigned tasks. Ensure company practices are followed in all phases of project performance, personnel related functions including the hiring and supervision of union employees, force reductions, promotions and demotions. Ensure compliance/enforcement of company policies, procedures.
Required Skills and Education
Required Experience, Duties and responsibility of this position.
• Requires 10 years of experience in the ship repair (mechanical).
• Required to have experience assisting in the development of Planning / Estimating /Coordinating and Schedules for the Overhauls of Naval Surface Combatants and commercial vessels at the BAE Jacksonville yard and at the (Mayport Naval Station)
• Required to have experience to determine resource (Safety / Labor /Material/Cost) needs and efficient allocation of these resources.
• Required to have experience as a Machinery Department Liaison to Customer Representatives. For the following but not limited equipment. General Electric (Turbines, Reduction Gears, & Generators) Byron Jackson (Pumps & Hydraulic Steering systems) Detroit /Fairbanks ( Diesel & Generators) Westinghouse (Turbine & Reduction Gears) *Worthington (Pumps & Turbines)
• Required to have experience developing and writing condition found report including making recommend repairs. Keeping up to date on the Standard Items and Mil- Specs and ordering material including ordering from the government supply system using NSN Part numbers, Naval-Sea Design Specifications and Safety Regulations including being able to accomplish Waf/Tag outs on both navy and commercial mechanical items and reading blue prints, Tech manuals & Manufacture Drawings.
• Required to have experience accomplishing overhauls on rotating and stationary deck equipment such as anchor windlasses, boat davits, sliding pad eyes and rast tracks including allocated with labor/material/budgets.
• Required to have experience opening, inspecting and overhauling , repairing , scraping, aligning, operational testing various types equipment on board Ship and in the shop.
• Required to have experience accomplishing alignments including internal alignments such as bearing housing, packing boxes, diaphragms, casing rings & etc. using reverse dual dial indicator method and the face & rim method,
Alignment bar method & Laser method.
• Required to have experience scrapping & fitting casings, casing ring, bearing housings, packing box housings,& bearings.
• Required to have experience overhauling, operating, setting, & testing governors, servo motors, high & low pressure trips, control linkages, coolers, heat exchangers, strainers, condensers, including replacing tubes and rolling tubes, all types of gear boxes, reduction gears and clutches.
• Must be able to obtain DBIDS Access Card.
Preferred Skills and Education
• Requires 10 years of shipyard related experience as a supervisor overhauls, repairs or new construction, navy and commercial vessels with proven problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Requires shipyard related experience as a supervisor overhauls and repairs with proven problem solving and decision- making skills.
• Require strong Microsoft Office skills.
• Requires thorough knowledge of USCG, ABS and Navy Standard items including additional
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top