OSI Technical Sales Manager
Work Elements of the BAE Systems Ordnance Systems Technical Sales Manager Position include:
- Lead the technical sales function for BAE Systems Ordnance Systems (OSI).
- Develop and execute Customer contact plans.
- Research Customer (Department of Defense, Department of Energy, and commercial) technical specifications, requirements, and future S&T areas of focus / objectives.
- Prepare and conduct technical sales briefings for Customer and company representatives.
- Develop and execute Business Capture plans.
- Provide / assist technical interface between the OSI Customer base and company Production, R&D, Engineering, and Program Management functions.
- Lead / actively participate in proposal development activities.
- Contribute to the development of annual Internal Research & Development (IRAD) and Integrated Business Plan (IBP) for OSI.
- Participate in departmental and company forecasting and strategic development activities in assigned technical / business areas.
- Assist the OSI Sales & Marketing and R&D Director in the execution of business activities in these functions.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
Skills and education requirements for the OSI Technical Sales Manager position are as follows:
- A minimum of a BS degree in a technical (chemistry or engineering) or business (with technical areas of focus) discipline.
- >10 years experience in technical, technical sales, and/or business / business development (with a technical focus) functions required.
- Strong Customer / relationship building skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong computer skills required with familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred skill requirements for the OSI Technical Sales Manager position are as follows:
- Specific experience within the US Defense Industry and with the US Department of Defense and Department of Energy technical community is strongly preferred.
- Specific experience in the development, manufacture, testing, LAP, etc of energetic materials (explosives and / or propellants) or of munitions systems that use energetic materials is strongly preferred.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top