Design engineer for GBSD ordnance devices and systems including:
- Explosive Ordnance devices such as: Shaped Charges, Separation Bolts, Pressure Cartridges, Through Bulkhead Initiators (TBIs), Explosive Transfer Lines, Cartridge and Pressure Actuated Devices, Safe and Arm (S&As), and Motor Ignition devices
- Ordnance subsystems including motor ignition, stage separation, and flight termination
- Requirements definition, management, and verification
- Support integration efforts for rocket motor assembly
- Interface with program office teams and customers including compiling comprehensive presentations and presenting the details and issues as required
- Support knowledge transfer efforts for early career engineers
- Review designs, tests, and analysis of explosive ordnance material.
- Review ordnance design drawings and specifications for approval
- Evaluates tests to determine acceptability of ordnance items or need for redesign.
- Presents findings orally and in writing
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Candidate must have a minimum of 8 years of Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering experience
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years ordnance experience
- Knowledge of Range Safety Flight test requirements
- Secret or higher clearance level
- Minimum of 5 years working with hardware integration into a rocket stage or entire launch vehicle
- Experience working to conclusion design drawings, interface control drawings and specifications
- Experience/knowledge working design requirements definition, verification and verification reporting
- Experience working with customers and subcontractors
- Experience in development, qualification and lot acceptance testing efforts pertaining to ordnance devices
- Experience representing and presenting to critical customers (Air Force, NASA, Navy, or contractors)
- Ability to present and articulate complex designs to both internal and external customers
- BS degree in engineering discipline
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top