Oracle Systems Lead (Supply Chain, Materials, and Logistics)
- York, PA
BAE Systems, Combat Mission Systems Division is seeking an Oracle Manufacturing, Planning, and Supply Chain Lead. This individual will be a member of the Strategic Improvements team that is charged with identifying best practices, standards and governance for material supply operations. The individual in this role should be viewed by their peers as an Oracle Manufacturing and Supply Chain Functional and process expert, and well versed with the technical underpinnings of Oracle E-Business Suite.
The responsible individual will need be a motivated, strong, team player with positive attitude that is willing to drive maturity and change across the organization.
- Act as an internal consultant to train employees, develop best practices, and work instructions for Oracle Supply Chain, Planning, and Manufacturing.
- Develop and execute system roadmap to increase capability and modernize our systems across all facilities.
- Identify and (re)deploy new features in Oracle to optimize the flow of material through our manufacturing network. Coordinate or lead the design, configuration, testing and deployment activities of Oracle e-Business Suite Manufacturing and Supply Chain applications. Define requirements, configure standard applications, and provide gap analysis and design, and end-user support of Oracle Manufacturing, Advanced Supply Chain Planning, Bill of Material, Inventory and Work in Process.
- Provide integrated systems planning and recommend new technologies and processes targeting improved efficiencies. Drive business process reengineering and related lean concepts through Oracle ERP and related information systems best practice deployment.
- Leads collection and analysis of data and information from business users to understand how systems can solve business problems, and identifies opportunities for process improvement.
- Engage and may lead possible project engagements, documenting project scope (objectives, deliverables, critical success factors, assumptions, geographic/site-specific considerations, and resource requirements), prioritization, cost/benefit, potential risks, and feasibility.
- Participate in researching potential Oracle or best of breed solutions (packaged and custom).
- Produces and may lead the definition and review of the content for user guides, training classes, and other end-user documentation for applications and processes.
- May lead the development of functional test scripts representing business processes and the verification activities that ensure that solutions meet business required.
- Establish knowledge & understanding of functional testing scenarios at both business and technical levels. May lead testing activities with appropriate technical and user personnel, to ensure that user interests across multiple sites are represented in all testing stages.
- Forges a network of beneficial relationships with all levels, including management, within IT organizations and the customers of IT in order to establish mutual trust and provide a foundation for high level project partnership. Initiates and develops working relationships with internal and external groups.
- Applies influence, negotiates, and mediates discussions needed to make progress towards achieving business goals and objectives.
- Understands the business needs at a strategic level and can correlate problems to one or more processes, tools or systems.
The individual shall have:
- Strong project management & team management experience.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with business stakeholders to drive effective process improvement activities.
- Willingness to learn & implement leading edge technology to bring benefits to Organization.
- B.S. degree in business or technical field, or related experience.
- 10+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a project based
- Equivalent 5 or more years' experience with Oracle R12 manufacturing and planning (ASCP) applications.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques is highly desirable.
- Experience in integrating 3rd party systems & mechanical equipment with Oracle
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top