Oracle DBA/System Engineer
We are searching for smart, driven, hybrid Oracle DBAs with System Architect/ Engineer experience to join one of our cornerstone business solutions teams supporting a classified customer. The selected candidate will plan, oversee, and implement critical database migrations and applications decoupling solutions to separate multiple enterprise applications from the customer's human resource applications and database hosting environment. With the human resource upgrade and cloud migration project, there are several non-human resource applications that need to discontinue direct access to the human resource production databases and identify and implement an alternative source for referencing the human resource data. There are other non-human resource applications that require code-level decoupling from the human resource application and environment. The database architect is needed to plan, oversee, collaborate and implement the database migration, application decoupling and data referencing software and database modifications in support of the human resource upgrade. We have some tough challenges and we need people who can look past the problems and into solutions. Are you the one others reach out to for help solving tough issues? Then reach out, let's connect.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Candidate must have an Active Intel Security clearance with a Polygraph, candidate will not be considered without it.
- 6-8 years of demonstrated current work experience with Oracle 11.
- 6-8 years of demonstrated experience with overseeing and implementing data migrations for Oracle databases within large enterprise environments.
- 6+ years of demonstrated design experience with database architectures involving the decoupling of multiple enterprise systems. such as database performance, sizing, storage, tuning, and ETL.
- Knowledge and understanding of database migration plans, data flow diagrams, and ETL design documentation (including source/target mapping and data dictionary information).
- 6-8 years of experience with data migration tools such as data pump, Oracle streams, and various ETL tools.
- 6+ years of demonstrated on-the-job experience with SQL and stored procedure languages, including PL/SQL
- Ability to document the functionality included in software modules, the degree of interdependence between software modules, and develop recommendations regarding how to reach the loose decoupling of applications functionality.
- 4-6 years of experience with AWS architectures and AWS products including RDS as well experience with Oracle 12 is beneficial for migrations of non-HR databases to the cloud environment.
- 6 years of demonstrated experience providing explanations of complex technical procedures and process clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- 8+ years of experience with SQL Developer to include database queries and insert statements.
- 8+ years of experience with Excel.
- 4-6 years of demonstrated current work experience with human resource application and databases
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Team player
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top