We are searching for smart, driven, Oracle DBAs to join one of our cornerstone business solutions teams supporting a classified customer. We have critical databases that need to be protected, backed-up, mirrored, and tuned. Our high-impact teams use Agile software development methodologies with continuous integration to design and develop applications. We have some tough challenges and we need people who can look past the problems and into solutions. Are you the one others reach out to for help solving tough issues? Then reach out, let's connect.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 5+ years of proven experience including a broad range of Database Administration and System Administration
- 5+ years of proven operational experience including working Oracle Enterprise Monitor (OEM) and other enterprise monitoring tools required to support an O&M environment
- At least 2 years experience with Oracle 11g (12c desired) Database Performance Management and Tuning
- Data Guard installation, configuration, and troubleshooting experience
- RMAN (Backup and recovery configuration) - implement a robust backup and recovery procedures. Data base schema creation/management
- Data Security - Ensure only authorized users have access to data
- Experience with migrating databases to the Cloud
- Demonstrated experience in database design, schema development, optimization/tuning and maintenance of databases
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top