Oracle Database Engineer (DBA) Master
- Reston, VA
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We are about trust, camaraderie, and a shared ambition to solve some of the world's most complex challenges. You will get to work alongside a team of talented professionals who are passionate about their work and the mission. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a flexible work environment to support work/life balance as well as a learning environment and training opportunities to further develop you professionally. Come be a part of a company that is driven to improve our customers, our future, and to protect our freedom. We are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our Mission Intelligence organization provides IT solutions, analytics support, and digital integration to major customers within the US Intelligence Community. We are always looking to provide our customers with a better solution by way of technology insertion, out of the box thinking, and state of the art solutions. We are looking for an experienced DBA to join our team!
This role fulfills customer Service Requests and resolves Incident Tickets. This role requires an individual that is customer and detail oriented and has experience with hands-on IT implementation in a DevSecOps environment. This role provides support for applications, hardware, software, network connections, and new system initiatives for all sites within area of responsibility. Skills will be used in support of database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow, and analysis.
Primiary Skills and Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze critical software requirements to determine feasibility of design based on scheduling and cost constraints.
- Candidates must have significant experience designing and developing databases in a DevSecOps environment.
- Candidate should have a firm understanding of database operations in a multi-platform environment leveraging Oracle, Java, SQL, and the like.
- Candidate must be familiar with the software development life-cycle.
- Support the development and adherence to procedures and policies.
- This role requires excellent oral and written communication skills and command of the English language.
- Monitor and manage production databases, including assisting in the software release process
- Monitor and manage backend data synchronization applications and external data source retrieval, applications.
- This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Minimal of 5 years of experience using Oracle , SQL, HADOOP
- Experience applying expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Experience supporting a broad range of assignments requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Experience with the creation of data warehousing and 2nd Tier data models.
- Experience developing methodologies and presenting solutions to problems.
- Experience contributing to deliverables and meeting performance metrics.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Requires Bachelors Degree with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top