Opto-Mechanical Engineer - Space Systems EOIR
BAE Systems is looking for experienced engineering professionals to join our established and rapidly expanding Space Systems Product Line in Hudson, NH and Manassas, VA . We are a premier provider of advanced high-reliability space payloads, electronics, sensors and subsystems with products that have enabled a wide variety of civil, commercial, and national security space missions for over 25 years. We are leading the way in the development of advanced optical sensors and laser communication solutions that enable our customers to deliver new mission capabilities to address evolving challenges and threats.
The Space Systems product line is seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to support opto-mechanical designs through all phases of development. Candidates should have prior experience designing systems with optical elements and electronics and enjoy the rigorous design and documentation process necessary for advanced high-reliability payloads.
This position offers an incredible opportunity for a talented engineer to join a challenging and growing business with numerous career growth opportunities.
- Design, develop, and select hardware components utilizing fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories and techniques.
- Perform basic static, dynamic and heat transfer analyses. Coordinate complex analysis tasks with the Mechanical Analysis Capabilities Group
- Support the environmental testing of hardware including: vibration, shock, thermal, fatigue and others as required
- Generate and review the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports and other documentation associated with the mechanical design
- Generate and present design review packages
This position can be tailored to match candidates that are more experienced.
Apply now to join a dedicated team designing and building innovative space solutions that will continue to lead the industry.
More info is available at: http://www.baesystems.com/space
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- The ability to obtain and hold a DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, and systems engineers.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and perform tolerance assessments
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Able to work effectively in a multi-site or "borderless" environment
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- Proficient in Creo Parametric
- Prior experience developing optical payloads for space applications
- Prior gimbal design experience and good knowledge of bearings
- Finite element modeling skills - thermal and structural
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top