Optical Switch Network Technician
Provides technical support for a large scale, global Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) network. Responsible for resolving complex problems and issues escalated from Tier 1 technicians. Analyzes network proactively to prevent failures due to equipment degradations or other causes. Responsibilities include overseeing and testing of additional wave services; software evaluation and deployment; implementing end of life upgrades and equipment replacements; and adding equipment to the existing network. Creates and implements standard training plans and procedures. Accountable and responsible for maintaining accuracy of network database and associated documentation. Provides input for DWDM network maintenance and expansion planning. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: High School/GED with 10-years of experience or Associate degree with 6-years of experience or Bachelor degree with 4-years of experience or Masters degree with 2-years of experience or a PhD.
DoD 8570 IAT – level I baseline certification. This is a CompTIA A+(CE), Network+ (CE), GSEC, Security+(CE), SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP (or Associate), or CASP certification.
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, configuration management, LAN maintenance, performance management, and/or firewall management.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: TDM switching; Optical Devices; SONET; DWDM; Digital Cross Connects; Crypto; SATCOM, Network appliances (CSU, DSU, etc)
- Understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP
- Expertise in Cisco, Sycamore, Ciena, and/or Juniper routers/switches
- Experience in encryption devices.
Preferred Skills and Education – ITIL V3 foundation Certification
- Cisco, Juniper, or other similar certification About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top