Optical Engineering Intern
This is an intern position which requires optical design and testing of components and subsystems. Position requires technical work which is specific in nature and requires knowledge and application of basic optical engineering principles, theories, and concepts to complete assignments under direct technical supervision.
1. Support the Product Design Team
- Support senior engineering personnel in the development, testing and selection of basic optical components utilizing fundamental optical engineering principles, theories and techniques.
- Receive close direction and instruction from senior engineering staff.
2. Support Verification/Validation of Design
- Support the assembly, alignment and testing of design hardware.
- Assist in the design and assembly of prototype hardware.
- Support the testing of hardware.
3. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required Required Skills and Education Required education: High School/GED
Currently Pursuing Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Optics Related Field
GPA 3.0 (or more) Preferred Skills and Education Experience with basic optical component interferometry measurements and optical system alignment and measurements desired. Good oral and written communication skills. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top