Ops Program Mgr III
BAE Systems is seeking an experienced Operations Program Manager to oversee a key development program. The Proposal is expected to be submitted in July 2017 with a program award in December 2017. The initial activities will be in support of early start on the Engineering development phase of the program with initial prototype / qualification units slated to be delivered in 2018. The program will be run out of Southern NH, while manufacturing of all hardware will be executed out of the Austin TX site. Due to this unique opportunity, there will be an upfront requirement to spend at least 6 months working from the NH facility close to the program office and Engineering teams until the hardware builds start. The Operations Program Manager will then be expected to transition to Austin TX site during 1st quarter of 2018 with forward going requirement to travel to NH 25%. The ideal candidate will plan for and be able to work this program with this travel requirement in mind.
Primary responsibilities are shown below:
- Cost Account Manager for Operations on the LIMWS program. Manages Operations performance against the baseline program plan by monitoring quality, schedule, and cost performance of all Operations functions assigned to a program.
- Drives New Product Introduction activities, DTUPC, PPAPs, PPVs etc acting as a key interface to Engineering and a customer to the NPI function.
- Provides a "single point of contact" between Operations Team and the Program Office for providing program status and resolving problems. Presents Operations status to Customer, Program Management, and/or Operations Management as required.
- Cross functional lead responsible for ensuring the factory, technical operations team, and supply chain teams properly support the development program.
- Interfaces with the appropriate organization within Operations to ensure any changes which will impact assigned tasks have been appropriately communicated and addressed.
- Ensures that Operations provides a competitive proposal that is accurate, supportable, on time, and within the budget constraints defined by the Proposal Manager for any new orders
- Promotes a strong sense of teamwork among personnel supporting various phases of the program efforts.
- Responsible for all Operations metrics on the program and is the driver to manage and lower total Unit Production Cost on the program through Affordability Efforts
- Utilize all the tools available to drive a Zero Defect culture throughout the team (Root Cause Corrective Action, Corrective Action Review Board, Kaizen Events and Projects for Green and Black Belts).
- Responsible for driving the Supply Chain Strategy and management of the Supply Base Quality through the Supplier Surveillance and Engagement Strategy for the program.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top