Ops Associate - Stockroom
Handle material and parts, sort packages, perform electronic transactions, ensure inventory accuracy, count parts, perform paperwork inspection and communicate with other groups.
- Performs receiving/inspection/stockkeeping tasks.
- Daily operation of fork truck\swing reach truck
- Performs receiving and stockkeeping transactions, basic to moderately complex troubleshooting, performs basic to moderately complex data manipulation.
- Following material plans, receive materials and prepare for distribution to floor or stockroom operations.
- Following material plans, put away parts, fills bins, pick piece parts into kits and prepare for distribution to floor or stockroom operations.
- Handle materials in accordance with required handling procedures.
- Review and input required data into computer system.
- Utilizes tools and various devices to complete required tasks including, but not limited to, screwdrivers, tweezers, scissors, power equipment (electric, hydraulic, pneumatic), microscope, assorted hand tools, vices, ESD equipment, thermal strippers, and other tools as dictated by assembly instructions.
- Unloads trucks
- Moves product from one stage to the next step which may require lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Accurately completes required paperwork.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing/warehousing environment.
- Ability to operate hand jack and lift up to 50 lbs frequently
- Possess adequate hand/ eye coordination and visual acuity to perform required tasks.
- Obtains maintains required certifications, which includes hands-on training, written test(s), work sample review and visual examination.
- Maintains required certification(s) which includes work sample submittal (or equivalent substitute), written test, and visual examination.
- Computer literate to carry out data entry, product status updates, and time entry into computer system.
- Ability to read and fully comprehend written instructions in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team.
• Ability to perform and understand required measurements and dimensions.
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and blueprints.
• Knowledge of or ability to learn electro-static discharge rules for manufacturing or material handling.
• Ability to understand statistical process control data.
• Reasoning ability to deal with problems including several variables which may not have standardized solutions.
• Ability to manage conflict and participate in team activities.
• Ability and willingness to recommend improvements in process.
• Following of work instructions unless written permission from an authorized employee is given to deviate from these requirements.
Industrial manufacturing, stock keeping, receiving, warehousing or related.
Required Skills and Education
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing\able to operate a fork truck\swing reach truck
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top