Every employee is responsible for knowing and supporting the quality policy and must comply with published Personnel Policies including but not limited to providing a harassment-free, non-discriminatory work environment, and drug-free workplace in accordance with State and Federal laws, or face disciplinary action which may include possible prosecution and/or termination of employment.
- Sets up and operates autoclaves and auxiliary equipment to cure and bond hard body armor plates according to specifications: Reads and interprets shop orders and authorization documents to determine bonding process specifications.
- Selects parts and assemblies for simultaneous bonding, based on similarity of processing requirements and autoclave capacity.
- Arranges jigs and fixtures containing parts and assemblies on bonding racks and positions racks in autoclave, manually or using equipment, such as hoist, forklift, or tow.
- Inspects general condition of parts and assemblies, examines positioning of parts and assemblies in jigs and fixtures, and verifies that vacuum bag installation conforms to specifications prior to bonding.
- Connects thermocouples and vacuum lines to fittings on jigs and fixtures and inside autoclave.
- Adjusts manual controls or enters commands in computerized control panel to regulate and activate autoclave power supply, cooling system, vacuum, heat, and pressure gauges and recorders, and to close interlocking autoclave doors.
- Monitors instruments, switches, and recorders and listens for warning signals during autoclave operation to ensure conformance to specifications, and modifies or aborts process as required.
- Maintains manual or computerized autoclave processing records.
- Operates curing ovens and presses with heated platens to cure and bond parts.
- Suggests methods or procedures for improved operations to supervision or liaison personnel.
- Performs de-bagging of autoclave runs.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top