Operations Transition to Production Manager
Operations Transition to Production Manager for the Small Form Factor Payload Solutions Product Line. This position will report to the Product Line Operations Director of the Small Form Factor Payload Solutions Product Line .
The Operations Transition to Production Manager is responsible to successfully transition products from development into production. They will work closely with Operations and Program Management to ensure sourcing decisions are aligned with the Program Plan, and will work closely with Engineering, Site Leaders and Product Stream Managers, in the creation and execution of the operations plan migrating products from development and pilot production facilities to the next phase of program execution.
- Manage project schedules to deliver operational readiness and product delivery.
- Identifies and manages risks associated with meeting technical and operational targets.
- Have in depth understanding of the product technical requirements, milestones deliverables and interdependencies for establishing an accurate and effective Operations infrastructure.
- Establish Transition to Production targets for products in conjunction with Engineering, Pilot Line Production and Sustaining Operations teams.
- Leverage experience and engineering skills to solve problems, fill gaps and achieve objectives through a cross functional team.
- Responsible for effective communication and escalation of risks and dependencies while ensuring timely decisions are being made.
- Scopes technical and business problems and processes by identifying key issues, inputs, stakeholders, and outcomes.
- Identify and drive process changes required to meet program objectives.
- Be comfortable interacting with senior management, highlighting risks and providing recommendations to support product level decisions.
- Transition operational responsibilities to the Sustaining Operations team after achieving transition to production targets.
- Manage ramp readiness with internal teams as well as external partners (i.e., material availability, cost/assembly/test/BOM/capacity readiness and transition plans).
- Plan and execute operations development activities and ensure transition to production within cost, quality and capacity parameters. Ensure successful production transitions meeting program goals.
- Drive cross-functional teams to optimize the supply chain for specific strategic reasons, while accounting for risks, changes in schedule or demand.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required education: Bachelor Degree
Typical Related Experience:
- Experience: 15 years in a manufacturing environment OR an advanced degree and 13 years in a manufacturing environment experience.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, data acquisition or analysis or other information needed to perform the responsibilities.
- Skills/Abilities: Ability to develop and foster effective working relationships across functions (engineering, quality, manufacturing, etc.); Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence; Ability to run multiple concurrent projects and work well under pressure; Excellent computer and data analysis skills.
- Education/Certification: BS Degree in an engineering discipline or related field. MS or MBA preferred.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or a Technical discipline
• Experience managing and successfully executing programs for the Defense markets.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Eligible for US Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance (active clearance strongly preferred)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top