Operations Supervisor I
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Supervises, directs, and trains a group of manufacturing personnel involved in the assembly of component parts or completed units. Participates in the production scheduling of the assembly operation and ensures the production of a high quality, reliable product which meets specified standards.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Oversees pre-planned workloads to assure a smooth flow of both priority and routine tasks. Coordinates with production control for scheduling of the assembly and/or test operation.
2. Maintains costs by monitoring and reviewing budgets and expenditures in order to meet established plan and guidelines and monitors rework data reports in order to control costs.
3. Interfaces with support personnel and direct reports to ensure customer satisfaction.
4. Must maintain preventive maintenance and calibration requirements of area test equipment and tooling.
5. Creates and maintains training metrics (manufacturing and functional training) for personnel to ensure each employee is properly trained for their specific job in order to meet production and quality specifications.
6. Identifies errors and initiates corrective action in conjunction with Quality Assurance. Monitors quality data to ensure corrective action is effective. Attends corrective action reviews and participates in identifying root causes and is responsible for preventing reoccurrence.
7. Supports all audit personnel during company quality audits.
8. Prepares and discusses performance evaluations and initiates recommendations for employee transactions (i.e., rate changes, reclassifications, etc.) Interviews job applicants and recommends hiring.
9. Ensures compliance with all safety and health regulations stated by internal company policy and Federal, State and Local applicable standards.
10. Implements Company policy of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity as well as Company policies, standard practices and security requirements.
11. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
High School Diploma or GED and 8 year(s) related experience
Requires electronics experience in Assembly, Methods and Procedures or Quality Assurance.
Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth in Section II above.
Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers;
Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents;
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top