Operations Supervisor (2nd Shift)
- Oxford, AL
BAE Systems in Anniston, AL is seeking a 2nd Shift Operations Supervisor that will be responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, and evaluating activities of the Operations Department. You will Manage budgets and processes including but not limited to warehouse functions, manufacturing, build and deliver prototype, construct structures, components, etc.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Achieve performance objectives for quality, schedules, productivity, safety/housekeeping, employee relations, and total cost responsibilities with budget accountability.
- Support activities for continuous improvement for cost, quality, schedule, safety, etc.
- Develops the workforce and a team-oriented culture.
- Supports compliance activities for the Government Property Control System as a liaison with internal and external customers.
- 1+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of OSHA and Safety Standards with ability to run a safe manufacturing department.
- Ability to communicate sensitive information, modify beliefs or opinions within a Program or Business Unit.
- Ability to negotiate mainly internally within a project team or department.
- Prefer experience in a union shop.
Prefer experience with relevant applications in a defense environment.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top