Operations Research Analyst
BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated and experienced candidate to support the Standoff Munitions Application Center (SMAC). SMAC supports the Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC) by optimizing efficiency and combat effectiveness of High Demand Low Density (HD/LD) global strike and theater standoff munitions. This position is located at the government facility at Offutt Air Force Base, NE.
The Operations Research Analyst serves as a key analyst and recognized expert performing professional and scientific work requiring the design, development, and adaptation of mathematical, statistical, econometric, and other scientific methods and techniques for various weapons systems, national strategic defense planning decisions, and to provide advice and insight about the probable effects of alternative courses of action.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Bachelor’s degree in Technical, Engineering, or Computer Information Systems related degree required or equivalent related military work experience (United States Air Force [USAF], United States Navy [USN] or United States Marine Corp [USMC]).
- Performs a broad range of operations research analyses assignments entailing unique problems, creativity, innovative use of techniques, advanced approaches, and/or new technologies.
- Ability to conduct aircraft and missile penetration analysis against foreign air defense systems in support of multiple Combatants.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EADSIM to support defense analysis.
- Ability to perform a broad range of weapons systems analyses assignments developing methodologies for and evaluating the effectiveness of advanced weapons systems, tactics, and routes.
- Experience in the independent development of mathematical models and computer programs to evaluate effectiveness of air and missile planning.
- Experience with missile planning modeling and simulation techniques.
- Ability to provide technical guidance, advisory support, and assistance on an entire project and/or major phases for broad and varied operations.
- Ability to perform very complex, difficult studies/evaluations on an individual basis or as a team member/leader responsible for completing defined portions of an overall work effort.
- Ability to analyze problems revealed by prior studies and advises higher officials of the feasibility of different approaches which provide a basis for action or the solution to a specific problem.
- Attends meetings, conferences, briefings, and seminars related to program planning, advanced technologies, and support system concepts.
- Accomplishes professional development and maintains technical proficiency through professional interaction with technical and professional societies, associations, academia, symposia, contractors, research and development (R&D) organizations and participation in formal training programs.
- Self-starter with ability to multitask.
- Team player with a proactive attitude.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- SAP access is required. Preferred Skills and Education – Rated officer experience. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top