Operations Program Manager III, Space Systems
- Chantilly, VA
BAE Systems is seeking an experienced Operations Program Manager to manage a large or several medium contracts delivering radiation-hardened electronics for Space flight. The intended programs are development based Single Board Computers or Box level contracts ranging from $10M - $50M, each. The electronics are designed by BAE Systems and overall material acquisition and in-house fabrication is the primary responsibility of the OPM as a service to the internal Program Manager and external Customer. The OPM must coordinate and drive all cross-functional activities in support of the mission.
Primary responsibilities are shown below:
- Cost Account Manager for Operations material and labor budgets. Manages Operations performance against the baseline program plan by monitoring quality, schedule, and cost performance of all Operations functions assigned to a program
- Provides a "single point of contact" between Operations Team and the Program Office for providing program status and resolving problems. Presents Operations status to Customer, Program Management, and/or Operations Management as required
- Cross functional lead responsible for ensuring the factory, technical operations team, and supply chain teams properly support the production program and capital efforts
- Interfaces with the appropriate organization within Operations to ensure any changes which will impact assigned tasks have been appropriately communicated and addressed.
- Ensures that Operations provides a competitive proposal that is accurate, supportable, on time, and within the budget constraints defined by the Proposal Manager for any new follow on production orders
- Promotes a strong sense of teamwork among personnel supporting various phases of the program efforts
- Responsible for all Operations metrics on the program and capital effort and is overall CAM for a Cost Plus Incentive Fee Program
- Utilize all the tools available to drive a Zero Defect culture throughout the team (Root Cause Corrective Action, Corrective Action Review Board, Kaizen Events and Projects for Green and Black Belts)
- Responsible for driving the Supply Chain Strategy and management of the Supply Base Quality through the Supplier Surveillance Strategy for the program
- As a senior level position, the candidate must also be prepared to lead and excel in cross-functional, continuous improvement activities to address various execution or functional issues
- Performs other related duties as required
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS in a technical or business related degree, or equivalent and 8+ years of relevant working experience.
- Ability to lead in a cross-functional team environment, with a customer-focused approach, and an aptitude for continuous improvement in serving internal and external customers
- Demonstrated success in implementing lean manufacturing, yield management and resolution of a complex product base, and supply chain initiatives
- Requires strong manufacturing background and experience in electronics manufacturing.
- Demonstrated experience supporting product development and NPI (New Product Introduction) transition of circuit card assembly (CCA) into a production environment.
- Strong diplomatic, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and report status of projects within a project management discipline
- Ability to provide strategic contributions while successfully executing on tactical objectives
- Must be a US citizen eligible for a DOD security clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS or greater in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Optical, or Materials Engineering, or equivalent and 8+ years of relevant working experience.
- Previous experience with Space products/manufacturing
- Project Management Institute PMP Certification, or similar
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top