BAE Systems is looking for a hands on Tech Ops Manager to be a contributor on the SFFPS Operations team supporting Canal Street manufacturing. The individual will provide ownership for all aspects of process and test engineering. This individual will manage and aid in resolving process and test problems in a fast paced multi factory envelope. Tasks require the ability to manage personnel that will resolve process build issues and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
The tasks include coordinate a standard process for creating production work plans across multiple factories.
The tasks also include managing process engineering resources to meet project implementation goals.
Additional responsibilities include working with suppliers and design teams to assure designs are producible and maintainable.
Successful performance will require driving manufacturing process improvements, production problem resolutions and integrating solutions into a lean manufacturing environment.
The individual must be able to provide unified direction to Process Engineers across multiple factories.
The individual will work in both office spaces and in a production environment.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
MUST CURRENTLY HOLD A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Capable of becoming a team member of the Technical Operations Organization and exhibiting leadership skills that serve the needs of the Process Engineering Team and the management staff of the factory.
- Previous leadership experience in a high technology environment.
- Demonstrated time management, task tracking, and organizational skills.
- Advanced computer skills including MS-Office applications
- Experience in conducting PFMEA
- Bachelor's degree with previous leadership experience.
- Experience in conducting design of experiments, process validation, PFMEA, DFX
- Familiar with Lean manufacturing techniques.
- This position will have direct reports so administrative skills will be needed.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top