Operations Leader - Circuit Card Assembly
To facilitate the effective operations of union represented production teams, ensuring that they are enabled to execute to business requirements and customer needs, and driving quality improvement and performance through accountability. This position is first level escalation for all aspects of operational efficiency and effectiveness.
This position is a 2nd shift position with typical hours of 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Maintain smooth flow of delivery according to agreed metrics
• Operate as 1st level escalation for all issues identified that may be hindering the smooth flow of
• Ensure that shift handovers are conducted effectively
• Monitor, control and report on overtime, shift preference, etc.
• Support and maintain effective communication within, to and from Operational teams
• Monitor and maintain inventory control at agreed upon target
• Ensure team members understand roles and responsibilities
• Support team members to execute effectively within their team to achieve objectives
• Coach, mentor and train team members to enable them to successfully meet expectations and accountabilities
• Monitor and review team and individual performance
• Drive continuous improvement within the teams
• Drive collaboration between teams
• Address employee issues in the teams (1st level escalation)
• Drive a culture of Inspirations at shop floor level
• Drive reductions in MAUC, overhead, free cash flow
• Proactively support quality initiatives relating to design and process compliance and improvement.
• Reduce defects
• Support purge and NOE events
• Ensure compliance to all aspects of Safety
• Proactively maintain a safe working environment
• Comply with audits
Preferred Skills and Education
• Formal qualification to be related to field of work
• Technical qualification is preferable and highly recommended
• Exposure to Lean Manufacturing essential
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top