Operations Leader - Air Transport / Unit Build
Operations Leader - Third Shift (11pm to 7am):
To facilitate the effective operations of union represented production teams, ensuring that they are enabled to execute to business requirements and customer needs, and driving quality improvement and performance through accountability. This position is first level escalation for all aspects of operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
• Maintain smooth flow of delivery according to agreed metrics
• Operate as 1st level escalation for all issues identified that may be hindering the smooth flow of
• Ensure that shift handovers are conducted effectively
• Monitor, control and report on overtime, shift preference, etc.
• Support and maintain effective communication within, to and from Operational teams
• Monitor and maintain inventory control at agreed upon target
• Ensure team members understand roles and responsibilities
• Support team members to execute effectively within their team to achieve objectives
• Coach, mentor and train team members to enable them to successfully meet expectations and accountabilities
• Monitor and review team and individual performance
• Drive continuous improvement within the teams
• Drive collaboration between teams
• Address employee issues in the teams (1st level escalation)
• Drive a culture of Inspirations at shop floor level
• Drive reductions in MAUC, overhead, free cash flow
• Proactively support quality initiatives relating to design and process compliance and improvement.
• Reduce defects
• Support purge and NOE events
• Ensure compliance to all aspects of Safety
• Proactively maintain a safe working environment
• Comply with audits
Preferred Skills and Education
• Formal qualification to be related to field of work
• Technical qualification is preferable and highly recommended
• Exposure to Lean Manufacturing essential
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top