Operations Excellence Quality Director
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is seeking an Operations Excellence Quality Director. The Quality Director will be provide support to the business in the areas of quality assurance, continuous improvement and Quality 4.0 deployment. In this role, you will work customer and factory strategic problems. Improve our Quality Culture using industry leading tools, process and technologies to enhance operating model within the Sector. Work with internal, external and regulatory agencies to drive efficiency and effectiveness of our Quality performance.
- Provide direction, supervision, and guidance to ensure alignment with quality policy, strategic objectives and organization goals that drive to Zero Defect plans and Strategy
- Collaborate with senior leadership for planning, execution, and management of process improvements, projects, and other initiatives
- Develop, implement Quality Science tools, process and strategies to move Quality organization best in class industry standards.
- Manage compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and minimize risk to employees and liability to the business
- Develop and implement program quality plans, procedures and management operating system (MOS)
- Ensure performance and quality products conform to established company and regulatory standards
- Review, analyze and report on quality discrepancies and data related to production
- Lead integrated senior management teams to determine strategy and tactical deployment, improve performance, lower costs, and generate innovative solutions
- Investigate problems and develop disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies
- Interface with stakeholders to ensure requirements are met
- Recommends corrective actions, dispositions, process optimization and modifications
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
- Organizational skills - can marshal resources to get things done, orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, use resources effectively and efficiently, and arrange information in a useful manner
- Exhibits a high degree of technical credibility and communicates highly technical information in a simplistic and easily understandable way
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Degree required, prefer MS and/or MBA
- All Applicants must have an active DOD Secret Security Clearance at time of application submission
- Minimum LSS Green Belt required, prefer Black Belt certification from ASQ.
- 12 years of relevant work experience in Engineering and Quality, preferably with 5 years' experience as a QA Director
- 10 Years of project, program and portfolio Quality Leadership and management experience in automotive or aerospace, commercial and defense hardware and software technology risk management
- Demonstrated mastery of the functional domain in Quality Science, strategy, standards and controls.
- Proficient in leveraging quality science tools, processes and people
- Certified Quality Engineer or Auditor from ASQ
- Active Top Secret or higher clearance
- Approachable hands-on style with the ability to engage with people at all levels of management. Customer experience and Quality Excellence
- Demonstrated track record of recruiting, retaining and promoting talent (executive and managers) and creating high performing teams
- Must be able to demonstrate accomplishments in setting strategic direction, prioritizing tasks, and overcoming obstacles
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top