Operational Improvement Data Analyst
BAE Systems is searching for an Operational Improvement Data Analyst to join our team located in our Charlotte, NC location (Ballantyne, NC). This position reports into the Enterprise Shared Services (ESS) Director, Operational Improvement. The position will research and resolve systemic issues (e.g., root cause analysis) ) as well as utilize strong analytical / spreadsheet skills to derive opportunities from various data sources primarily utilizing Excel and other data analytical tools and software. Advanced knowledge of Excel is required.
The role will support the identification, evaluation, management, and execution of process improvement initiatives undertaken by ESS utilizing skills, training and experience in a technical and functional office environment.
The role will evaluate current work processes and identify improvement opportunities utilizing techniques such as process mapping, documentation, metrics, statistical analysis, etc.
The role will provide support to process owners and functional leaders to ensure the successful development and implementation of process changes. Supports different phases of projects (planning and analysis, requirements definition, technology design / development, deployment) related to process improvement initiatives.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
0-2 years professional experience
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Excel including pivot tables and macros
- Proficiency with numbers, a strong attention to detail, and ability to develop detailed analyses
- Ability to manage and evaluate large amounts of data into a cohesive strategy and approach to meet organizational objectives
- Experience working on process improvements or process re-engineering projects in an office environment
- Degree in statistical process control, process improvement, computer science, or business
- Knowledge of technical and functional ERP systems and processes such as Oracle and Deltek
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interfacing with functional leads, managers, and customers
Preferred Skills and Education · 3-5 years experience preferred
- Experience with SQL, Visual Basic, Data Dictionaries, and Analytical tools / software
- Demonstrated knowledge of document analysis and experience with synthesizing large amounts of data
- Experience in a Enterprise Shared Service environment preferred
About BAE Systems, Inc. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top