Operational Excellence Supply Chain Manager
This position will lead quality, compliance, customer experience, operational process definition, standardization, measurement and improvement across Weapon Systems. Initially focused on Weapon Systems – US business and growing to have oversight over all Weapon Systems businesses.
- Manage quality and compliance across Weapon Systems, drive consistent quality approach across group with different standards based on LoB and regulatory needs.
- Facilitate process excellence (define, standardize, measure & continuously improve business processes).
- Instill a Continuous Improvement / Process Excellence mindset and culture within Weapon Systems.
- Define and implement KPIs & Dashboarding, facilitate review meetings with Senior Leadership team.
- Define and deliver customer (Programs and Operations) facing metrics across Weapon Systems in collaboration with Supply Chain, Business Development, Program Management, and Operational leadership.
- Chair monthly Weapon Systems group-wide efforts meeting reporting on:
- Quality and Compliance initiatives
- Programs and Operations experience and consistency efforts across Weapon Systems
- Process excellence, standardization, improvements and realized benefits
- Measurements across all programs, internal process and external metrics
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Masters Degree or relevant experience in leading organizational metrics and improvements / change management
- Proven experience in developing and deploying best practices, policies, procedures, and processes
- Solid leadership, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Strong focus and proven ability to facilitate relations between business groups
- Knowledge of lean concepts and experience deploying these across a supply chain
Preferred Skills and Education
- Masters of Business Administration
- LEAN / 6-Sigma Green or Black Belt certified
- Experience in Defense or Aerospace Industries
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top