- Gadsden, AL
Operations Manager reports to the Site manager / Accountability Manager and assist with all functions of the repair station. This position will ensure that the repair station continues to comply with applicable local, State, and Federal requirements. With respect to the 14 CFRs (and Joint Airworthiness Requirements), the Operations Manager shall ensure the repair station continues to meet the requirements for providing adequate housing, facilities, equipment, and personnel appropriate to the ratings of the repair station. In addition, the Operations Manager shall ensure the financial resources are available to adjust to any change in workload or to adjust the workload to the resources available.
Operation Managers specific responsibilities:
- Manage all technical aspects of the repair station
- Manage all technicians in the repair station
- Ensure adequate safety precautions are observed by repair station personnel
- Assist in establishing the requirements for initial and recurrent training for all personnel involved in the maintenance, preventive maintenance, and/or alteration of civil aviation articles.
- Ascertain qualifications of all technical employees prior to work assignment through tests and evaluation of their previous experience.
- Coordinate FAA inspections
- Respond to any request for inspection of the repair station's certification
- Maintain the repair station roster for the repair station by ensuring that changes in personnel or job duties are reflected on the roster within five (5) business days as required
- Perform repair station's Capability Self-Assessment to determine whether it has the housing, facilities, equipment, material, data, and trained personnel to add an article to its Capability List.
- Understands DCMA 8210C, Chg 1 and how to track and manage the facilities responsibilities under this regulation
Training Technical Specs
Preferred Skills and Education
BS Degree in Business Administration
14 years of leadership and management in Army Aviation or FAA
Master Degree in Organizational Leadership and Management preferred
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top