OMS (Off Board Missions System) Administrator
The OMS (Off Board Missions System) Administrator for F-35 ALIS performs OMS technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, supportability and effectiveness analysis for total systems. Also maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. The OMS System Administrator interacts with users and acts as Subject Matter Expert for use of the mission product suite. Provides OMS technical support for the mission planning capabilities of the system. This role would suit candidates with prior experience as a Weapons Systems Officer, Electronics Warfare Officer or Mission Avionic and Software support roles in those areas.
OMS Administrator Duties
OMS Administrator Duties include the following:
1) Provide, manage and support the Off Board Mission Support Environment (OMSE):
a) Maintain/Install Mission Planning Support Environment (MPSE) updates
b) Support pilots in Mission Planning/Debriefing Process
c) Support, administer and monitor associated hardware/software
2) Perform data management of mission planning and mission recorded data.
3) Maintain and store associated security logs and audit data.
4) Install and configure MPSE on the appropriate units at the site.
5) Setup user accounts with different levels of software/data access.
6) Maintain mission planning data/databases.
7) Perform cryptographic key loading and processing, and review audit logs.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Candidates must hold an active Secret security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five years.
Candidates must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access and must able to obtain and retain Security+ certification
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
1) Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) Mission planning and Fighter Tactics, Operations, & experience (e.g. Mission planning, post flight debriefing, etc.)
2) COMSEC experience
3) Prior System Administrator experience
4) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600 or 1000-1900 (standard), and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
5) Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
6) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
Preferred Skills and Education
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
1) Demonstrated Skills & Knowledge Set / Tools & Applications:
a) Windows XP (administrator and general use experience)
b) Network experience (e.g. domain controller and simple network configurations)
c) Backups of Physical servers (Windows 2003 OS), virtual machines, ESX server
d) Disaster recovery/restores
e) Hardware/System Monitoring of physical and virtual servers
f) System Maintenance - scheduled upgrades/maintenance, startup and shutdown of rack components
g) Software Maintenance - applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
h) User Account Maintenance (Account creation/management with Active Directory)
2) Systems & Software Engineering background and experience
3) Precision Guided Munitions Planning Software (PGMPS)
4) Mission Planning Systems Support Representatives (SSR)
5) Experience with Air Force Mission Planning Support System (AFMSS)
6) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Pilots, Senior Officers, and management
7) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top