O&M Systems Administrator
- Sterling, VA
BAE Systems is building a team of System Administrators to maintain operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators and engineers in support of the Intelligence Community. Our team of administrators will set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, and install system wide software. The team will make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinate installation and provide backup recovery. The team will also develop and monitor policies and standards related to the use of computing resources.
Supports O&M Task Lead. Installs, configures, maintains, and upgrades systems and servers for Agency and/or COCOM. Provides corrective, adaptive, perfective, and preventive maintenance with current processes, and adapts new processes as required. Recommends and implements system performance monitoring, and reports on health. Develops and implements strategy for provision of storage services across virtual and physical environments including backup, data recovery, and continuity of operations. Tests and verifies all backups to ensure fidelity of data. Delivers specific Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to users and provisions processing, storage, and other fundamental computing resources enabling user to deploy and run mission specific software. Works closely with Change Management and Information Security team members to understand release and development driven changes, impact on system as well as security posture, and recommends measures to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data in compliance with oversight and security policies.
Work Locations for this opportunity are located primarily in Sterling VA and Joint Base Anacostia Bolling. However, other work locations are available in Reston VA, Charlottesville VA, Doral Florida and other CONUS and OCONUS. We're hiring multiple candidates for this position, ranging in skill levels from Junior to Subject Matter Expert.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer related field.
- 0-3 years | 4-8 years | 9-12 years |13+ years of related experience.
- Active TS clearance
- Server administration/maintenance.
- Day-to-Day sustainment of a classified environment.
- System administration of Microsoft based solution.
- Experience with Virtualization or Cloud technologies (VmWare ESXi, Hyper-V, Azure, etc) including; back-end infrastructure.
- Candidate must be an effective communicator with a team focused and collaborative attitude.
- Candidate must hold a current Security+, or greater, and be enrolled in the Continuing Education (CE) program through CompTIA in accordance with DOD 8570.01-M.
- Possess one of the following certifications: MCITP; MCSA; MCSE; MCSA; MCTS.
- Experience supporting or maintaining:
- Dell Networking Appliances, Nutanix (AHV), SCMM (2016 preferred)
- Microsoft Server (2016 R2 preferred)
- Microsoft DHCP/DNS Server
- Active Directory
- SQL Database
- PowerShell Scripting
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top