O&M Support Specialist
- Sterling, VA
BAE Systems is building a team of Technical Support Specialists to provide Tier 1/2/3 support to the Intelligence Community for computer software, hardware and network connectivity. Our team of specialist will install, configure and troubleshoot desktop systems, workstations and network connectivity issues.
Supports O&M Task Lead. Provides corrective, adaptive, perfective, and preventive maintenance with current processes, and adapts new processes as required. Manages customer outreach and relationships to support Agile DevOps. Leverages operational and technical insight to improve mission outcomes through IT support planning. Provides Tier 1 support via Service Desk, and manages access (e.g. user accounts), requests (e.g. documentation), desk-side support (e.g. install, move, configure end-user devices), and problems (e.g. reactive, proactive, and preventative error handling). Recommends and implements an event monitoring process that logs/tracks defined events and system breaches. Recommends and implements an incident management process that provides initial incident analysis, initiates support, fixes the fault, restores the service, evaluates incident/response, and prepares reports on service improvements.
Work Locations for this opportunity are located primarily in Sterling VA and Joint Base Anacostia Bolling. However, other work locations are available in Reston VA, Charlottesville VA, Doral Florida and other CONUS and OCONUS. We're hiring multiple candidates for this position, ranging in skill levels from Junior to Subject Matter Expert.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology disciplines, or 4 years of full time relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- 0-3 years | 4-8 years | 9-12 years |13+ years of related experience.
- Active TS clearance.
- DoD 8570 compliant with a minimum of CompTIA Security + certification.
- Experience with operating systems, devices, applications, and software.
- Experience initiating Trouble Tickets on all reported or perceived issues.
- Experience recreating and documenting client issues in internal tracking system in a manner that enables programmers, QA analysts, and higher tiered support to efficiently address issue and reach resolution.
- Experience supporting the missions of analysts in the Defense Intelligence Agency or Combatant Commands.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top