O&M Release Manager
- Sterling, VA
BAE Systems is building a team of System Analysts to develop computer systems specifications and requirements that address business requirements and that fit with the system architecture standards being developed for the Intelligence Community. Our team of analysts establishes and documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities. The team also analyzes, enhances, installs, tests and modifies enterprise-wide operating systems for new and/or existing systems.
Supports O&M Task Lead. Provides release planning to include plans and processes for implementation, testing, deployment, as well as independent verification and validation (IV&V), and acceptance in an operational environment. Provides release scheduling conveying dates for implementation, test, deployment, IV&V events and operational acceptance. Assists with release, distribution, and installation of software and/or hardware for legacy systems. Collaborates with Configuration Manager to develop processes and provide plans for establishing and maintaining configuration and quality control of Agency and/or COCOM software, middleware, and hardware. Works closely with Configuration Manager and matrixed Training and Development Specialists to develop training plans, curricula, materials that support and encourage "self-help" and "self-training", and schedules. Stores released software in a comprehensive software library.
Work Locations for this opportunity are located primarily in Sterling VA and Joint Base Anacostia Bolling. However, other work locations are available in Reston VA, Charlottesville VA, Doral Florida and other CONUS and OCONUS. We're hiring multiple candidates for this position, ranging in skill levels from Junior to Subject Matter Expert.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or engineering related discipline.
- 0-3 years | 4-8 years | 9-12 years |13+ years of related experience.
- Active TS clearance.
- Experience with software compilation, assembly, and delivery of source code into finished products or other software components.
- Experience in establishing and administering tool specific source code libraries (e.g., Git, ClearCase), to include software builds, change control (e.g, Jira, Bitbucket, ClearQuest), and release management.
- Familiarity with Software Configuration Management fundamentals (ANSI/EIA-649B).
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab).
- Experience supporting the missions of analysts in the Defense Intelligence Agency or Combatant Commands.
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Technical writing skills, capable of creating required engineering documentation such as Software Version Description (SVD) documents.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top