O&M Geographic Information Systems Specialist
- Sterling, VA
BAE Systems is building a team of Geospatial Analysts with an understanding of geography, remote sensing, spatial analysis, geographic information systems, and geospatial production techniques to create information, characterize events, and discover relationships and trends in support of the Intelligence Community. Our team of analysts will analyze data from a variety of sources and work with IC analysts to determine how best to best enhance their mission. The team will perform limited feature extraction and attribution, and updates and maintains customer geospatial databases. The team will also identify data relationships to enhance geospatial products creation, visualization, and enhanced awareness.
Supports O&M Task Lead. Provides corrective, adaptive, perfective, and preventive maintenance with current processes, and adapts new processes as required. Manages customer outreach and relationships to support Agile DevOps. Leverages operational and technical insight to improve mission outcomes through IT support planning. Provides Tier 1/2/3 technical support to Analysts via Service Desk. Manages requests (e.g. documentation), and problems (e.g. reactive, proactive, and preventative error handling). Assists Database Administrator in database maintenance.
Work Locations for this opportunity are located primarily in Sterling VA and Joint Base Anacostia Bolling. However, other work locations are available in Reston VA, Charlottesville VA, Doral Florida and other CONUS and OCONUS. We're hiring multiple candidates for this position, ranging in skill levels from Junior to Subject Matter Expert.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or engineering related disciplines.
- 0-3 years | 4-8 years | 9-12 years |13+ years of related experience.
- Active TS clearance
- Working/functional knowledge of scripting and programming languages such as Python and Java with the ability to apply these skills to geospatial models and solutions.
- Working/functional knowledge of data science techniques for geospatial analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphic design principles as they relate to incorporating a map or cartographic visualization into an infographic or tabloid.
- Knowledge of other GIS applications (e.g. ArcGIS Earth, QGIS).
- Experience supporting the missions of analysts in the Defense Intelligence Agency or Combatant Commands.
- Relevant experience in the Geospatial Analysis field in the last year.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top