O&M Database Administrator
- Sterling, VA
BAE Systems is building a team of Database Administrators to implement and maintain smooth operation and physical design of databases in support of the Intelligence Community. Our team of administrators will conduct performance tuning of indexes and databases in general. The team will review database design and integration of systems, provide backup recovery and make recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. The team will also maintain security and integrity controls, formulate policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitor transaction activity and utilization.
Supports O&M Task Lead. Installs, upgrades, and maintains database(s). Allocates system storage and plans future storage requirements. Manages and monitors data replication as well as plans and executes database backup and recovery. Liaisons with vendor(s) for technical support when required and ensures compliance with vendor license agreement(s). Monitors database performance, reports on health and compliance audits. When directed by O&M Manager, coordinates with Systems Engineering and Integration as well as Data Management Teams to provide release and development support from database perspective. Transitions existing platforms, data repositories, and architectures to target architecture. Collaborates with Information Security Analyst to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data.
Work Locations for this opportunity are located primarily in Sterling VA and Joint Base Anacostia Bolling. However, other work locations are available in Reston VA, Charlottesville VA, Doral Florida and other CONUS and OCONUS. We're hiring multiple candidates for this position, ranging in skill levels from Junior to Subject Matter Expert.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or engineering related disciplines.
- 0-3 years | 4-8 years | 9-12 years |13+ years of related experience.
- Active TS clearance.
- Experience with database development (e.g. SQL, Oracle), connections (e.g. JDBC, ODBC), and tools (e.g. SQL Developer, TOAD, DBArtisan).
- Experience with common operating system environments (e.g. Linux, Windows).
- Experience working/collaborating with software engineering teams.
- Strong software engineering, development, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience supporting the missions of analysts in the Defense Intelligence Agency or Combatant Commands.
- Expert knowledge of system testing and validation
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top