Nuclear Surety Project Manager
The ICBM System Program Office, Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Division, is acquiring an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile system to replace the Minuteman III. In order to successfully field a new weapon system, the GBSD program requires a comprehensive nuclear surety and certification strategy that ensures the system is safe and secure well into the future.
The Nuclear Surety Project Manager will provide weapon system expertise support to the government customer in maintaining the nuclear surety, nuclear certification, and mission assurance programs for the GBSD weapon system. The specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide, as a member of an integrated product team, nuclear surety support for Air Force Strategic Systems
- Monitor for compliance with applicable Department of Defense, United States Strategic Command, and Air Force directives, manuals and instructions
- Evaluate plans and criteria for technical activities in his/her specialty and recommend alternatives as required to comply with customer and company obligations.
- May lead projects or segments of major projects; responsible for achievement of cost, schedule, and technical performance objectives
- Review and provide assessment and assistance for the following: Nuclear Certification Impact Statements (NCIS), Certification Requirement Plans (CRP), Nuclear Safety Analysis Reports (NSAR), Nuclear Surety Evaluation Reports (NSER), Nuclear Surety Briefings, Point Papers, White Papers, Safety & Nuclear Surety Technical Memoranda, changes to the Master Nuclear Certification List (MNCL), Nuclear Certification Plans (NCP), Engineering Evaluation Reports (EER), Software Certification Plans (SCP), and reviewing Engineering Technical Analysis Requests (ETAR)
- Assist with minimizing and managing risks to Nuclear Design Certification of GBSD
- Attend conferences and meetings to represent assigned activity. Develop working group meeting agendas, prepare and consolidate briefing materials, meeting minutes, and answers to action items assigned by other agencies or organizations
- Conduct research in areas requiring a moderate level of expertise and knowledge in areas of specialization and additional related fields. Maintain knowledge in area of specialization and awareness of developments in the remaining related fields
- Contribute extensively to proposal efforts as requested by management
This position is located at Hill Air Force Base, Utah.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required Education/experience: High School/GED with 12+ years of experience; Associates Degree with 10+ years of experience; Bachelor of Science Degree with 8+ years of experience, additionally 7 years of the experience must be progressive technical experience.
Active U.S. Government Secret clearance, able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with ICBM weapon systems, nuclear storage facilities, nuclear surety requirements, and/or military technologies
- Proactive and motivated; able to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, has extensive attention to detail, and an ability to organize daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Possess strong communication skills (oral and written) with ability to interact/coordinate with team members, external vendors, and various levels of management
- Creative and innovative problem solving skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Holds active U.S. Government Top Secret security clearance
- 8+ years of extensive experience with ICBM weapon systems, nuclear storage facilities, and nuclear surety requirements
- Understanding of Department of Defense, United States Strategic Command, and Air Force directives, manuals and instructions pertaining to nuclear surety concepts
- Previous experience serving as a subject matter expert advising Government customers
- Previous technological project management experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top