- Leesburg, VA
Join BAE Systems and be part of a diverse and enthusiastic team who is supporting our customer's critical mission. We are searching for dedicated individuals to join one of new and expanding programs.
BAE Systems is seeking Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager to support our customer in Bluemont, VA. This position will supervise contract staff on the NOC that provides 24 x 7 monitoring and alerting of the FEMA network, and the team is made up of both government and contractor staff.
Staff will use tools to monitor the network and show network strength and any occurrences of network problems and/or breaks.
His/her role also involves making sure that new employees are brought up to speed, and that they fully understand the basics and core aspect of the NOC policies and procedures.
He/she also organizes necessary training and seminars that help new staff grow and enable the department to develop and be in tune with current trends in the industry.
The network operations manager serves as a communication link between the NOC and the customer.
The operations manager in charge of a company's network system supervises and reviews the services being rendered by suppliers and vendors and decides on what aligns with the company's needs (in terms of network service).
He/she assesses each vendor's ability to deliver based on the company's current networks. As soon as a particular vendor is chosen, the manager negotiates the service level that is needed to maintain a strong and stable network.
The network operations manager's duties also involve scheduling staff to ensure the FEMA network is always bring monitored by NOC staff and to assist in scheduling upgrades to NOC components.
In this highly-visible and important role, the NOC Manager is responsible for managing a team of technicians. This role works closely with government staff and management to ensure the constant monitoring of the FEMA network, and ensure the NOC team alerts the proper authority when outages occur. The ideal candidate will have a continual service improvement focus and must be able to provide measurements of key performance indicators and critical success factors.
- Work with FEMA NOC management to schedule contractor support and ensure sufficient coverage.
- Ensuring staff are properly trained, and working with staff to refresh skills when needed.
- Implements appropriate controls and quality assurance; ensures adherence to FEMA processes and procedures, consistent and efficient trouble resolution, error reduction, and continuous process improvement.
- Ability to motivate and mobilize a team around shared goals.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with benefits, risks and challenges) while providing thought leadership to stakeholders in solving process and/or technical problems
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Provide leadership for Technical Support Analysts at all levels including daily supervision, coaching, performance management and development.
- Oversee and act as an escalation point for all IT requests, incidents and vendor management.
- Ensure that decisions made to improve the overall support experience of the Network Operations Center are continually carried through.
- Solve problems, make decisions and collaborate with other members of the leadership team on a daily basis relative to NOC responsibilities.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI's and trends to the IT department and other business partners on a regular schedule or as needed.
- Help train NOC staff on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 5+ years of proven experience in NOC or a similar technical Management role
- US Citizenship
- Active Top Secret Clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- ITIL certification
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems or an Information Technology- intensive discipline
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top