Nitroglycerin Process Engineer
As a member of the Nitroglycerin team, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting our manufacturing operations. This person will be responsible for evaluating current processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability, and develop best practices within the production process. Excellent communication and organizational skills will be required to provide real-time floor support, guidance, and direction to operations personnel. This individual will work closely with production area and support personnel on key projects and initiatives.
The successful candidate should exhibit sound judgment, initiative and self-motivation, and be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision. Solid communication, teamwork and integration skills will be required to work effectively across functions at multiple levels. The ability to manage time effectively while dealing with a variety of issues in a dynamic environment will be key to the success of this individual.
Manufacturing support will include:
- Provide process engineering support to the NG Manufacturing Department
- Develop new and redline existing Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams and equipment drawings
- Provide technical support to meet schedules in accordance with quality standards, safety requirements, and regulatory standards
- Facilitate and/or support improvement projects, maintenance projects, and aid in process troubleshooting
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting with equipment and process control systems
- Provide on-call technical support
- Author, maintain and update necessary procedures and assist with training when applicable
- Develop cost estimates for new/existing products and projects
- Collaborate and function in a team based environment
- Develop Process Flow Diagrams and Heat & Material Balances
- Interact with customers and suppliers
- Lead/support Process Hazard Analysis for new and existing processes
- Support Environmental Risk Management Plan
- Interact and support modernization projects within the NG Area
- Develop and implement quality, safety, and process improvements
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top